Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Long and Uphill Journey to Bougival

The old church of Bougival.
My daily commute to Bougival is decidedly a journey. 
Follow me on it ---->


I walk to the Jussieu metro stop to get on the pink line, which I take to Chatlet - the largest metro hub in Paris, and then switch the the RER-A train and take that to La Defense, then I get out and take a bus to Pont de Bougival and then I walk almost exclusively uphill for about 18 minutes and then I am at work. 
 Looking energetic and fresh as a daisy at the top of hill number one (of five). But Catherine - look! Someone decided to graffiti STAZ. I can hear your voice saying it every time I walk by!
I do, however, enjoy getting out of Paris and into a small, quaint little town like Bougival. It is nice to be able to experience both. I just wish they could be a little bit closer!

2 comments:

  1. Stazkin! Perhaps I got a ride through time and space in the TARDIS and painted that there?

    No, who am I kidding? If I had TARDIS privileges it would end up like this:

    http://youtu.be/ZajrBy6iJlo

    or this

    http://youtu.be/6eVCm66qNog

    ReplyDelete