Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving in Paris

On Thanksgiving this last Thursday... 



During our long train ride back to Paris from Bougival, I began explaining to Sophie about what is traditional for my family to do to celebrate and after a very thorough explanation of all of the delicious things that we eat, I decided I simply must recreate my own Thanksgiving in my little kitchen for my friends. So Saturday morning, Chloe and I went to the Marché de Maubert-Mutualité, which was very wonderful and inspiring, I cannot wait to go back when I am not on such a mission, to find groceries.
 Then to our flower shop...
 And then home to cook. I wish I would have recorded the day better but it was really quite ridiculous. I felt as if I was on Top Chef or some other sort of cooking challenge - Four hours in a tiny kitchen with only two burners and a microwave-esque oven, no equipment and one tiny paring knife, Thanksgiving dinner for eight - go!. Ha - I think I outdid myself on this one.
 with Rachel and Sophie 
 The dinner was such a success! I honestly can't believe I made all the food that I did and that it somehow all turned out. Sharing it with our French and English friends made it that much better. xx.

1 comment: