Friday, November 18, 2011

Chanel at Printemps

Holiday excitement prematurely continues. (Save me from myself.) Printemps in an amazing, amazing, amazing (so amazing its worthy of the adjective not once, or twice, but three times) department store in Paris. It is close to Saint Lazare so I get to pass it with its gilded windows and sparkly lights wistfully on my bus ride to take the train to Bougival. They always have over-the-top, wonderful window displays but Sophie told me I had to go admire these ones, they had really outdone themselves, they were really fantastic...
because they were alllllllll filled with Chanel. Blocks of windows decorated in themes of Chanel. From the brain of Karl himself, which seems to me one of the most peculiarly interesting. You can discover all of Karl's Christmas universe here. Some really ridiculous ones, my favorite was definitely all the little Karl's photographing.
And that is why it is so amazing (word of the day) living in Paris. Excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment