Monday, November 7, 2011

Marché aux Puces de Clignancourt

Today was a Sunday very well spent. Chloe, Christina and I decided to explore one of the largest and well-regarded flea markets in Paris - Marché aux Puces de Clignancourt. Located in northern part of the city, we took the metro line 13 to Garibaldi, not exactly your nicest part of Paris, and walked around in search of the markets. Tucked in amongst the side streets, hey are not exactly easy to find but once you stumble open the open rows and lanes brimming with antique treasures, gilded mirrors and amazing old furniture, it is so entirely worth the effort.

Within the Marché aux Puces de Clignancourt, there are several markets. We began at the Marché Paul Bert, which had a lot of the original and unique art and furniture eye candy I was dying to see. 
SO much more after the jump, come with me.! ----->


Christina and I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoying ourselves.
Chandeliers galore.
In the far back corner, there was this absolutely amazing vintage clothing store- full of vintage Hermes scarves, Chanel purses, Yves Saint Laurent gowns, Louis Vuitton trunks - it was absolutely incredible. Unfortunately, there were no photos allowed of their beautiful merchandise, so I could only sneak one.
Have always adored white leather luggage, I wonder who was the original A.M.V.?
A little yorkie with clearly excellent taste.
A very Secret Garden garden set. 
Chanel baubles everywhere.
There was something really amazing about this boat - it reminded so much of  Captain Hook's boat in Peter Pan as it transforms into clouds floating near the last star to the left
Mirror envy.


Lost in the search for agates.
Such an inspiring afternoon! I didn't buy a thing - everything was very expensive. However, my mind was literally bursting with ideas when I left. So although it was more of a look and admire adventure, I would definitely revisit for the pure enjoyment of all the beautiful things. Plus there were additional and more affordable parts of the market (with clothes!) that we didn't even have time for today, so I must return!

1 comment:

  1. Triumphant return of the Woozle! Really great post, with the flea market... I can see why it was such a great time for you. Treasures galore...

    ReplyDelete