Monday, November 21, 2011

Ladurée: Macaron Fantasy Land

My macaroon obsession guided us to Ladurée today. 
Founded in 1862, it is historic and commonly regarded as producers of the most delicious of those amazing little light cookies called macaroons. Not to mention, their marketing is genius, and one feels like they are in fantasy land the moment they enter the shop. After a rather chilly picnic at the Eiffel Tower, Christina, Chloe and I wanted to go be part of macaroon fantasy land in Ladurée's famous tea room in their shop on the Champs Elyseé.



Unfortunately, it is closed for renovations! For an undetermined time! Ah, at least we are in Paris for a long time.
This did not stop us from sampling their goods.
 And good they were.
This is how excited about them I was when I finally got home to put on my kimono and properly enjoy them snuggled on my couch under a blanket.
expressing my joy with a self-taken instagram. woo.
My verdict between Pierre Hermé and Ladurée - I liked every flavor I tried better from Pierre Hermé, the fillings were more flavorful and cookies themselves were just perfection, with the exception of one - Ladurée's Salted Caramel. So, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment