Monday, November 14, 2011

Musée de la Sculpture en Plein Air

Despite the swarms of buses, multitude of metro lines and constant taxis, I find myself walking everywhere I can in Paris. It gives you the best opportunity to explore and stumble upon the things you did not even know surrounded you. Because here, it is impossible to know everything - there are gems tucked away everywhere - or sometimes, right in front of your nose. Such would be the case with the Musée de la Sculpture en Plein Air. . 


Literally three blocks from our apartment, the Museum was created in 1980 and has over fifty sculptures from the second half of the 20th century from artists like Brancusi, Gilioli and Cesar. Stretching along the left bank of the Seine, its curving paths filled with modern sculptures contrasting against the colorful autumn trees made quite an enjoyable Sunday afternoon stroll for Chloe, Sasha and me today
 I was beginning to think it would never come, but autumn is definitely here - you can just feel the impending winter get closer and closer. Have I really been here for almost three months? It feels like nothing and it feels like forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment