Sunday, October 16, 2011

Waiting for the 67

Chloe and I have recently fallen for the bus system. 
Reap the benefits with us.! ---->
I refused to utilize the buses for a while due to my notions I had of buses from living in Minneapolis - frustrating, unreliable, dirty and uncomfortable. But since I travel so much, especially from Paris to Orsay and than Orsay to Paris to Bougival on Tuesdays, I resigned to take the bus since it gave me the shortest route and I already spend way to much time on public transportation. I would absolutely recommend it to everyone - compared to the metro, it is cleaner, people are more relaxed (I think it has to do with the windows rather than underground tunnels), it can be just a bit slower but sometimes it faster to walk up to a bus stop rather than going underground to the metro. Oh! and it is just so nice to wait outside rather than suffocating underground tunnels that smell like human and urine from all the bums. 









We are lucky to have four bus lines that run down Rue des Fosses Saint Bernard right in front of our house
 since we are right by Rue Saint German and the Institut Monde de Arab.
 Looking down our street.
 In my gray maxi I had been obsessing over for months...
Waiting for the bus on a Saturday afternoon. 

1 comment:

  1. 1. I don't think you're allowed to call them "bums" anymore, or-- if you are-- talk about urine-smelling bums when you follow with pictures of yourself wearing fur and red lippy.

    2. Have you gone Sound of Music on me and are now wearing curtains?

    3. You should write me an email or FB message sometime. :(

    ReplyDelete