Sunday, October 9, 2011

Americans in France

As a foreigner, an American, living in France, I am always wanting to blend in with the Parisians. I get so excited when people ask me for directions (they think I'm a local!) and are so surprised and probably dismayed when they find I am not only not from Paris but cannot speak a word of French. In general, I have been exceedingly pleased with how well I have been deceiving everyone that I am indeed French (as long as I do not open my mouth to butcher their language)- because it  for some reason seems like the ultimate compliment. However, after walking around all morning and doing a bit of necessary shopping for our apartment, it was dinnertime and Chloe and I found ourselves starving on Saint Michael. We did not want to spend a lot of money or time, so to quell our rumbling stomachs and plummeting blood sugar...
 We went to McDonalds.
And were happy about it. 
America! 

No comments:

Post a Comment