Sunday, October 9, 2011

Jardin Des Plantes


a marvelously beautiful park...



I made a positively wonderful discover the other morning when I went for a run in our Latin Quarter neighborhood. I usually down to two blocks by the Seine on Monday (the same day as my Giambattista Valli adventure - yay Paris!) morning, it was such a beautiful day I decided to change my course to go to the Jardin des Plantes, a botanical garden connected to the Natural History Museum and Menagerie that has been open for centuries - all a mere five blocks from our house. I was absolutely amazed with how beautiful it was - the sun was shining brightly, cutting through on the little paths surrounded by high walls of bright flowers. And it was early in the morning so it was quite and empty - absolutely magical. When I told Chloe about my lovely morning, she told me she had never been! Somewhere in Paris I have been but not Chloe, quite unusual! Knowing she would love it, we decided to go explore together this morning. 
 Adorable petit fleurs.
 My favorites - I want to live in a world where these blanket everything.


Happy kittens. 
 The Natural History Museum in the background will be a perfect Saturday or Sunday morning excursion when we don't want to make a big effort to travel somewhere or are desperate to avoid the metro - five blocks away!
 Such a well-curated variety of flowers everywhere. I really don't believe I have ever been in a garden so well planned - the immense variety of colors, shapes, sizes and heights were all put together in such a very visually pleasing manner.
 In case you hadn't seen enough pictures of me being in France smiling by some pretty flowers...
 The tiniest purple flowers - does anyone know what these are called?
 The weather was much cooler and cloudier than before but the garden was nonetheless captivating. We were lured towards  the Menagerie, the zoo by some ostriches and kangaroos we saw but alas - it was not free! And we try to do almost everything free. 
Ah, being young, broke and living in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment