Thursday, October 6, 2011

Outside Giambattista Valli Spring 2012


cool things happening ---->



One of the many things that gave me much excitement when I was thinking about living in Paris was the fact that I would get to be in the city that home to the world that I have been looking into from a afar via countless fashion magazines and blogs for years. However, I have been so overwhelming occupied that while Fashion Week Spring 2012 has been happening in this amazing city for the last week or so, I have had no time to stalk around outside the shows to view the happenings and this was making me feel so sad, I want to be able to take advantage of living here! Plus, seeing as it like to make itself a bit secretive and exclusive, it was difficult to find out where and when each show would be. But after much sleuthing, I found a complete schedule and decided that Giambattista Valli at 1:30 in the fifth was absolutely my opportunity to go stalk around. It was rather difficult to find but as soon as a stumbled upon hoards of Nikons and people desperate to be photographed by them- I knew I was in the right place! And all of a sudden - what to my wondering eyes did appear than Anna Dello Russo (one of my personal favorites and goals to see, aside from Taylor Tomsi Hill) and Giovanna Battaglia looking as chummy as the fashion blogs had described. And oh my, did they look as I had imagined they would.
They must have been late to the show because I was waiting discretely against a wall for it to be done and for the fashionable attendees to pour out into the street while watching street style bloggers lurk around for attention (made them look much less cool than resulting photograph) and did not have to wait that long before people started coming out. Olivia Palmero appeared...
She really did walk right in front of me, those glasses were awesome, dress not as sure..
Frida Gustavsson was one of the models that came out that I recognized - her height was really unbelievable! It was so interesting when the models came out, some of them let themselves be photographed while others would run out of the show towards the row of young men on mopeds sitting outside the gates, calling out their names 'Freja! Anja! Laura!' - each man and moped waiting for a specific model to rush off to the next show.
The muse of my favorite Karl Lagerfield, Caroline Sieber.
Oh! and then blonde and leggy Candice Swanepoel appeared.
ADR and Giovanna again, post-show.
And still by my little wall being inconspicuous as possible, Margarita Missoni and Nina Garcia appeared...
Candice Swanepoel again and a man that seemed to be very popular with everyone around...
Then all of a sudden the Nikons really perked up. Eager to see what caused this enthusiasm, I looked up to see Jessica Biel right in front of me and was unfortunately too slow with my camera that was off and in its case and not as aggressive as the professionals, so all I got was this picture of her bun. She looked quite beautiful though.
Unfortunately I could not stay to see what other people would emerge because I had to get on the train to work but felt quite giddy and excited the whole way there and thankful for my little reminder of why Paris is such an amazing city.
  Oh and in February - the F/W 2012 will definitely be better observed!

No comments:

Post a Comment