Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Louis Vuitton and Marc Jacobs at Musée des Arts Decoratifs

 A pretty cool exhibit, come see.!
------->
Level 1: Louis Vuitton
 The original American Girl doll.
(like I didn't think how well Samantha would rock all those outfits)
 "In 1854, when Louis Vuitton established his shop in the rue Neuve-des-Capucines , the crinoline was at the height of fashion in all classes of society. The emergence of magasins de nouveautés (fashion shops) and then department stores made it possible for women to dress at a lower cost and having larger wardrobes, the number of articles increasing apace with the new dress codes and customs. The imposing crinoline silhouettes were structured by endless layers of undergarments. There was an infinite variety of hats and accessories that further increased the number of objects needed for a complete wardrobe"
(makes me happy about simple sundresses)
 For the explorer!! 
Major covetable item.

 Level 2: Marc Jacobs
 Walls of inspiration were the best part.
Appreciate these for what they represent but please. 
Give me a PS1 satchel instead.
 
 I remember so well when this came out in 2001 - which is funny because I was 13. I went to Target immediately when Steven Sprouse (remember? the fashion graffiti artist) did a spotlight project there.
--- Serious artistry and technique, very impressive to see. ---
(ps - Pictures end here because I got yelled at but I seriously am getting ridiculous about taking photos where I am not supposed to be - I just don't care?)

No comments:

Post a Comment