Monday, January 2, 2012

A Packer Bar. In Paris

I should not like the Packers. I am from Minnesota, home of the Vikings.

The Vikings hate the Packers. But I lived with girls from Green Bay. Before them, I never knew that there were really that die-hard of fans in existence. But they could not love their team more, such enthusiasm. And I love enthusiam. And it is contagious. SO, I find myself at a Green Bay Packer bar IN PARIS to watch their game against Detroit. Missing American football, Chloe came with and so did Chris! Who is visiting from the States!
 Chris was the only one there cheering against the Packers - hehee.
 The bar is called WOS- Wide Open Spaces and is definitely somewhere I will return to get a little fix of the states - at least in a sporting sense. I was surrounded by people on vacation from Madison, Milwaukee, there was a couple from Cheboygan there that was supposed to be on a romantic vacation but the man just had to watch the Packer game. I will go back for play off games! And the Superbowl!

1 comment: