Monday, March 26, 2012

Sugar Plum Cake Shop

I love pastries. 
I love pain au chocolate, croissants, beignets, apple tart, almond tart - all of those marvelous, buttery, flaky and delicate desserts you can find in patissiries. .
But I am American and I also love moist cakes, sugary buttercreams, chewy cookies and fudgy brownies. I crave them in fact. I have accomplished a few recipes - pumpkin cake on Thansgiving, traditional chocolate on Valentines... yet am baking in a quasi toaster oven in our matchbox kitchen, so decadent layer cakes are out of question. 

-----> (like I just got one piece, please!)

American owned, they make what Sophie so British-ly calls 'chunky cakes.'

and they are delicious. After the Carrot Cake and a slice of double chocolate...

we even had to go back for the Vanilla Strawberry (still very good, strawberry shortcake-y but my least favorite). Plus the atmosphere of the shop is lovely, super friendly with plenty of lounge-y areas. I am going back very, very soon to try some of their other treats!

1 comment:

  1. CAKE! I could eat chocolate cake all day but I don't really like that much icing. This looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete