Sunday, March 11, 2012

Musee d'Orsay on a Sunday

I can't describe to you how happy it makes me to be able to casually (and for free!) visit the Musee d'Orsay on a Sunday.
 [[just to admire]]
Maximilien Luce - La Seine a Herblay
Maximilien Luce - La Seine a Herblay
I am always so enamored with impressionism and post-impressionism. And just how much of these movements that I love so much were born in the city where I live. The neo-impressionism really drew me in today. The technique of using small separated dots of color, this decomposition, enabled the artists to make colors vibrate, by juxtaposing complementary shades and to modulate colors to achieve a particular luminosity.
Come see more! ----->

Henri-Edmond Cross - Le Naufrage
Les cyprès à Cagnes - Henri Edmond Cross, 1908
Henri-Edmond Cross 
Paul Signac - Le Chateau des Papes
Paul Signac - Le Chateau des Papes

No comments:

Post a Comment